Intention to study questions:
|Question||Relevant Question and tips||Answers- cover in 3-4 points|
|Q.1. Why do you want to study in the UK?
Q.2. What are the benefits of studying in the UK compared to your home country or other countries?
|· You might want to talk about what you have learnt about the British education system.
· Why would you like to live and study in the UK?
· How this experience will benefit you.
· How would study in the UK differ from studying in your home country?
· Why have you chosen the UK over countries such as America and Australia?
|I have chosen the UK for number of reasons. First and foremost, the United Kingdom provides world class qualification with latest academic knowledge. It has highly standard teaching facility than my home country.
The UK is a safe country for the international students. More importantly, British degree is well recognized by the employers all over the world including my country.
From UK university, I can gain an international learning experience with an affordable tuition fee compared to other countries. I will have the opportunity to be a part of the famous alumni and great network.
|University of X University Specific Questions|
|1. Why you choose to study in London South Bank University ?
|· Talk through course modules- what is directly linked to the career is available in this university.
· University ranking, student’s satisfaction rate, subject wise ranking, employability rate, TEF rating, Your mentor or any previous student who is studying there’s recommendation.
· Course is combines with placement/scholarship- also motivate you to take final decision.
1. University Located in Central London
2. The course is accredited by ACCA, CIMA and IOEE
3. LSBU Ranked in No.2 in London for satisfaction with courses across Business, Management & Marketing (Guardian 2019)
4. The Guardian‘s 2018 league table of teaching excellence ranked the university 92 out of 121 British institutions.
5. No.3 London Modern University for graduate prospects in Business and Management Studies (Complete University Guide League Table 2018)
6. University of the Year for Graduate Employment two years in a row – The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019
7. LSBU awarded SILVER rankingin TEF (Teach Excellence Framework)
|2. Which other universities did you consider?
Which Other University you have applied
Or Which other University you look for
|· Did you look at other options?
· Why did you choose University of X University over other universities?
· (Must explain always about 5 Universities)
|Before choosing my university, I have visited some university’s website to check their teaching method, courses content and facilities. I have applied to the University of East London and Middlesex University. Among these, I’ve finally decided London South bank University.|
|3. and Why did not go to that university
4. Cover in three points(maximum 4 lines per per points)
|· Compare some of the modules which is you really interested in available at the applied University.
· Statistics information
· University location and achievements not available in the other University
Go to Xuniversity .ac.uk
· and finally University websites
|After looking other universities I have found the London South Bank University is the best option for me. This university is the UK’s leading business-facing university and 94% of student satisfaction. It has a campus community and a student focused union with lot of activities. The university is situated inCentral London.Its wonderful Southwark Campus and educational environment influenced me a lot to choose this university.|
|University of East London||Middlesex University||South Bank Ranking|
|Personal Development point of view? Or modules||—||—||—||—||—|
|Location(which part of |England)||London. U.K||London. U.K|
|Q. Any other reasons? (Like someone motivates you, you got part of scholarship, which inspired you. Course is designed with placement)||No, there is nobody who motivated me to choose this particular university and course. I figured out all about the university of my own.|
|5. Where is London South Bank University?
Or How many campus this university has?
1.It may be useful to take a look at some British websites; do you know where University of X University is?
|London South Bank University is situated in Central London. This university has only one single campus in southwark, central London and it is the largest and oldest university in London City.
103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA
|6. What University campus will you be studying at?||· The University of X University has a number of different campus’ so you need to be aware of the campus you will be taught at, further information on www.X University.ac.uk||I would like to study at Southwark Campus of London South Bank University. It is in Central London.|
|About Your Previous Study and current course|
|7. Which course you have applied for?||· Name of the course as per the CAS letter.||I have applied for BA (Hons) – Business Management with 5 weeks pre-sessional English Course.|
|8. Why did you choose to study this course||
· How does it relate to your previous study ?
· What attracted you to study this course?
· What do you hope to achieve by studying it?
· How will it enhance the subjects that you have already studied
· What career achievement you might get after doing the course.
(Analyse times higher education of demand)
|1 My chosen is accredited by ACCA, CIMA and IOEE
2 This course is designed to develop the valuable skills and in-depth knowledge I need for a successful business career.
3 The course module Management and information systems, The principles of managing e-business and Diagnostic analytics is one of the reason to choose this course.
4 My chosen course is designed to help students with the core knowledge and skills in Management and human development in the context of modern business demand and needs.
5 this course will lead me towards the best employment opportunities in bangladesh
|9. How long does your course last?||· Make sure you are aware of your course details, check your offer letter, CAS statement or check the University website:.
· Need start and end date
|The length of my course 5 weeks forPre-sessional English starts from 26th of November and will be ended on 18th of January 2019 and Degree Course will be for 3 years, It starts from January 2019.|
|10. How is your course will be assessed?||Whether assignment, based, group project, exam and presentation?||The course will be assessed by a variety of in-course assessments including individual and group presentation, academic essays, business reports, and time constrained assessment.|
|11. What is the course module you will study:||*You must know what modules you will study first semester, second semester and so on.
*How many credits you will study
*If you are studying in premasters along with main course, how many modules you will study in premasters.
|This is a three years length course. In the first year I will have6 compulsory modules.
In second year, I will have 4 compulsory modules plus two optional modules.
In the final year, I will have 4 compulsory modules and two optional modules
You need visit University Website and memorise 5-7 course name
|12. If you take premasters, why did you choose to go premasters||· Talk through how premasters will help you, don’t say my academic qualification is not enough to go for main course.
· Modules in premasters Credits in premasters
|13. If pre-sessional course, Why did you choose to study pre-sessional?||· Talk through how pre-sessional English will help you and don’t say your IELTS is not good enough to go for direct course.||Pre-sessional course is a very good option offered byLondon South Bank University. Because it will help an international student to communicate with teachers and class mates. So, It will teach me to speak in British accent, make assignments and more academic ideas. If anyone wants to be a fluent speaker in British accent and very good in academic English then pre-sessional course is a best choice for international students from the university. By this course I can make friends and we can communicate with foreigner mates comprehensively, we can discuss about, group study may easily possible from the beginning of my campus life. It is essential thing to understand each other.|
|About Your career|
|14. What is career plan?
What are your post-study plans?
|· Talk about a specific position you want see yourself(Busienss manager in a multinational Company)
Can you tell few multinational companies in Bangladesh?
How do you know to work in that i.e Business manager position you need this qualification(Job sites in Bangladesh)
*What would be your job responsibilities as a business manager( Just google job description of a Business manager in multinational company)
Career plan and career goal is not same?. Plan means a strategy. you should describe your plan steps by steps.
(Similiarly for Lawyer or Dr needs to answer accordingly.)
|After my BA (hons) Degree. I will come back my home country Bangladesh to build my career,as I am planning to apply as a Business Manager or Operation Manager position in a reputed company from Bangladesh. My first target is telecommunication companies. I have researched on few companies including Airtel Bangladesh, Banglalink, City Cell,Grameenphone and few others. This industry has seen huge growth in last few years and continuously growing up. So once I’m holding my degree from U.K I will be happily qualified to become business manager in one of these established companies in Bangladesh.|
|15. What salary would you expect after this course?||http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=18&loctype=1
Student should check what salary he might expect after completing the degree initially. Also should explain when he or she will reach to the desire position with in certain period, what salary he or she would expect.
|After finishing the course, I will start my career in my home country as an Business Manager where I can expect £700 – £800 salary per month. It will increase with my experience|
|16. How will the course you have chosen help you in your chosen career/ path(what you will learn to develop the career)?
what Will be the benefit of studying this
|· Is it a necessity to have a qualification in order to follow your career path?
· Talk about this course will qualify me to secure my place in the X position.
· If not, how will the qualification help you?
· Cover at least four modules learning out comes points
|By studying in this subject my academic development would be increase in different sector, build knowledge, understanding social context of different country, global issue.
It will help my personal skills, which are very essential for career, improving my communication skills, enhance my leadership and organizing skills and specially help to become a better team player, I can manage my team excellently.
|Academic develop and
|17. Are you currently studying in Bangladesh?||If no, When did you last study and did you complete your previous course?
|My last study is Diploma in Business Information System and I’ve successfully completed the course with a good academic result.|
|18. If you are studying, why you are not completing the current course.||N/A|
|19. If you are not studying, What have you been doing since then?||· If you work, what positron you are holding and what job responsibilities you have use business term- check through the google)?
· Why are you now returning to your studies?
· optional) Why did you not complete your previous studies?
· If there have been periods of time in which you have been working? Why are you now looking to come back to study? Would this study benefit your current profession or enhance your future prospects
|20. If you are not studying, why you are returning to your study now.||· You should thoroughly explain thoroughly why your prospective degree is important for you.||N/A|
21. Do you know what level your course is?
|· Are you studying a Bachelors (BA or BSc), Masters (MA or MSc) or PhD?
· They could also be referring to the NQF level of your course.
· If you will be studying at Bachelors level this would be level 6.
· If you will be studying at Masters level this would be level 7.
· If you will be studying at PhD level this would be level 8.
· How many Credit of the course each year and each modules
|Yes, I know, I will be studying Bachelor BA (Hons) so I know my course level is 6|
|22. What qualification will you receive?||• Make sure you are aware of your course details; check your offer letter, CAS statement or check the University website:||My qualification will be BA Business Management – check with offer latter|
|23. Did you consider studying any other course?||• It will be fine to say that you did, but you must then be able to justify what made you decide on your final choice.||No, Business Management is the only course I wanted to study in London South Bank University.|
|24. Who is financing your studies?||• You or your parents?
• You may be asked to discuss how they are able to do this. Is it affordable to you/them based on your/their annual income?
• Remember documents confirming their financial status will be included with your application. It may be that you have government sponsorship
If you have been working for the two year, it is advisable to show the fund on your name as part of your income otherwise, use parents bank statement, The oldest the account more reliability of the fund.
25. What is your father or mother doing?. How much is your family’s total income.
|*you should have adequate funds available for the family living costs and they should be fully able to pay the fees and all living expenses during your staying in the UK||My father lives in Saudi Arabia and he is doing a well-paid job there. My father’s income is approximately Thirty Thousand Pound per Year.We are two brothers and one sister, among them I’m the eldest. I think in order to finance my higher education and accommodation there will be no difficulties for my father to sponsor me.|
|26. How long you are holding this fund in the account?||
|My father sent that fund to my account 2 month ago.|
|27. Who else do theysupport?.How many dependent family members do you have?||It is important for the ECO to know if your parents spending 15 thousand pounds for your study thay are able to bear the similar cost for your dependent brother or sister
|Except me, there are 3 family members depended on my Father’s income.|
|28. What is the profession of your financial sponsor and what relationship are they to you?||• You may be asked what job the person who is sponsoring you has, to justify how they can continue to support you in this way.
• How much is in month family income?
• Any brothers or sister dependent on the sponsor?
• Is your sponser sponsored any other person in the UK in the last 10 years?
|My father is a manager of an established company in Saudi Arab. He is sponsoring my finance for higher study. I’m his eldest son.|
|29. (Optional) Has yoursponsor paidfor anyother memberof their own/yourfamilyto study abroad?||· If your sponser has paid any money for some’s study, the UKVI will check, where he or she is capable to bear all the expenses.||No|
|30. Do you have evidence of the financial status of your financial sponsor?||• E.g. bank statements for the last 6 months, bonds, investments etc.
· These should have been submitted with your application..
|31. Are you able to verify the genuineness of these documents?
|• If the Home Office contact the school, college or bank that produced the documentation submitted would the school, college or bank confirm that they are genuine?
• Do you foresee any issues in the Home Office contacting the institution? If so have a covering letter ready that provides contact details for the institution involved.
|· If not what arrangements have you made to ensure that you can pay at the appropriate times?|
|32. How much will be cost for the maintenance fund per month and per year you need to show?||1. If your University is inner London, £11,385.00 (£1,265 × 9 months) for your living costs = £19,885.00 in total for your maintenance.
2. If student is in outer London, the maintenance fund is You also need to show that you have the funds for your living costs for up to 9 months, set by the Home Office at £1,015 per month
|My university is in London City. The living costs for me per month is (£ 1,265) and yearly costs is (£ 11,385) in total.|
|33. Can you breakdown your living cost of 1015 or 1265||3. You should demonstrate how this amount will be ok for your surviving. You will find the expected cost in this area.
Accommodation (halls of residence, usually including bills) £400 – £600 per month
Private Accommodation (bills included) £320 – £530 per month
Food / Housekeeping £160 – £200 per month
Mobile phone/ Clothes / Shoes £15 – £50 per month
Leisure / Sport/ TV License (mandatory with TV or watching BBC online)
(This is calculated on membership for the Students Sport center) £25per month
Books / Stationery/Groceries £21 per month
Socializing / Going out £120 per month
Travel / Transport
(Based on the monthly cost of a student bus pass, if you are not using University accommodation) £34 per month
|Yeah I am very concern about my living cost. Obviously I try to maintain with this cost. I am pretty sure about that. If any month my cost is go up then it’s not much to worry about, because my father is there for me to back up.
|34. Do you know how much accommodation/living will cost in the UK?
|· You can find out more about University accommodation on our website:
· Always use University accommodation address, always with in 5-10 minutes.
Do email the university for more details about accommodation
35. Where will you live?
|· provide accommodation address
· how did you arrange the accommodation.
|I will live in the University (On Campus) Accommodation, Southwark Campus.|
|36. How long will come to the university?||Answer: If you use accommodation in 5-10 mins away(always walk)||Walking.|
|37. How long it may take from campus to accommodation?||Answer: check the google and mode of transport
How much it will cost you in a month or weekly or daily?
How much you may need to spend?
|I will stay On Campus accommodation.|
|38. If you are not using University accommodation, Please confirm the what transport you will use.||G: you should know the number of buses or name of the train, How long is train or bus station from hour chosen accommodation.
Also, how did you book the accommodation.
|39. How much would cost you for the transportation in a month?||If you are in private accomodation||—|
40. Do you have any relative in the UK
|If yes, need to demonstrate their details
You might be asked to know if you have any relative in the UK. The ECO may consider if you have any relative in the UK and following completion of your course, what is the probability for you to leave the UK?. Better answer No.
|41. Have you any refusal from any countries||Always answer with proper justification.||No|
|Tier 4 Rules: you should know|
|42. Do you understand what your responsibilities will be as a Tier 4 students||· Take a look to the UKCISA website at the guidance that tells you more about protecting your Tier 4 status
|43. Do you know whether you are entitled to work part-time in the UK?||• Take a look at the UKCISA website, which will provide you with information about your future study in the UK. www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Study-work–more/Working-during-your-studies||Yes, for undergraduate students the part-time work limit is 20 hours per week.|
|44. How reliant are you on being able to work when you are in the UK?
|• Will it be essential for you to work to be able to support yourself during your studies?
• If so your visa application will be harder to approve, remember here to talk about the support that you will be receiving from your parents and/or money that you have saved in order to fund your tuition fees and living costs during your course of study.
|It’s not essential for me as I have enough funds for me those are sponsored by my parents.|
|45. Are you happy with your interview||*
If the case worker allow you to talk and allow some time to deliver the answer and you are satisfied with the answer you have provided, say YES.
4. If the answer the you have given is not satisfactory, or internet connection was dropped- please say well, I did not get opportnuty to deliver my answer properly as I did not get enough time.
6. Due to internet dropping I my delivery was not updated as I am expected.